Wednesday’s Three for All recap: Staples ‘That was easy’ World Cup game
|06.25.14 at 2:37 pm ET|
In Wednesday’s Three for All on Middays with MFB, Christian Fauria challenged Lou Merloni and Tim Benz to a game of guessing the Staples catchphrase, ‘That was easy,” in different languages.
“I went to Staples, and you know that little red button that that says, ‘That was easy,’ Staples sells another one that has up to like 12 different countries on it and they say it in a different language, so I obviously got that one in honor of the World Cup,” Fauria said. “I was just kind of playing with it, trying to figure out if I could guess which translation of ‘That was easy’ went with which country.”
Fauria had five ‘That was easy’ challenges for Merloni and Benz, with Portugal, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Italy being the five possible answers.
It did not take much time for Merloni to guess that the first ‘That was easy’ was Italian.
“I did that one for you,” Fauria said. ”I was like, ‘If he doesn’t know what this one is.’ … I made sure.”
Benz quickly picked up on the German version of the catchphrase later on in the segment.
“It sounds like it’s English,” Fauria said. “Maybe if you treat it like a Beatles album and slow it down.”
Benz also able to guess the Brazilian saying, impressing Merloni and Fauria.
“Tim, you’re pretty good at this,” Merloni said.
It wasn’t a perfect showing for Merloni during the game, as he guessed that the Chinese saying was from the Netherlands.
“See, I told you, I’m really good at geography,” Merloni said.
After the game, Fauria declared Benz the winner — something that Merloni did not necessarily agree with.
“He kept saying Germany for every single one,” Merloni said.
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!
- MARJE on Susanne Eman — Wants to be worlds fattest woman