Monday’s Three For All recap: “Game of Thrones” class offered at University of Virginia; Easiest classes in college; Christian Fauria’s early film aspirations
|07.28.14 at 2:33 pm ET|
On Monday’s edition of Three for All on Middays with MFB, Lou Merloni, Christian Fauria and Tim Benz discussed the University of Virginia’s new “Game of Thrones” class, the easiest courses that the trio took while in college and Fauria’s surprising major while at the University of Colorado. To listen to the segment, go to the MFB audio on demand page.
HBO’s “Game of Thrones” has made the jump from the TV screen to the classroom. The University of Virginia offered a four-week course revolving around the popular fantasy series this summer.
“Actually, when you read what the course description is, it actually looks a little harder than I want it to be,” Fauria said. “They really dig deep into the symbolism and everything else.”
– Fauria used the news of the “Game of Thrones” course to ask Merloni and Benz about the easiest class that they took in college. Benz went with a film class at Syracuse that was based on the work of famed director Steven Spielberg.
“It’s all of Spielberg’s careers and you just got to find the threads that weave together through all of Spielberg’s movies. … It wasn’t that hard, it was a pretty easy course.”
“Why would you, if you’re a school, have those classes?” Merloni asked.
After thinking about it, Merloni brought up a military science class that he enrolled in at Providence College – a class that was popular with many student-athletes at the school.
“It would be like ROTC,” Merloni said. “You go in there and it would be like a class and you’d look around and sit down, and I’d look in the first and second line, the hockey team were to my right. I looked back here, and I’d see the power forwards on the hoop team over there to my left, the lacrosse team was back there and the soccer team was back there.”
– Fauria also discussed majors in college, revealing to both Benz and Merloni that his original major at the University of Colorado was film studies, a field that Fauria said he excelled in - with minimum effort.
“I thought I was going to be Steven Spielberg,” Fauria said. “I was actually shooting movies. I had to rent this camera and we were supposed to do this whole dramatic, artsy piece, and I took my camera and I just ran it through some weeds and some bush and I tacked some crazy title at the end of it ‘ I got an ‘A’ on that. At that point, I was like, ‘OK, this is where I belong’ “
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!
- MARJE on Susanne Eman — Wants to be worlds fattest woman