|The Return of Deep Thoughts….by Iggy||09.11.08 at 8:38 am ET|
In honor of seeing Mike Felger in the office Tuesday morning — here is another addition of his favorite segment, “Deep Thoughts by Iggy”
1. Everyone is making predictions on how many wins the Patriots will have with Matt Cassel as QB — the only problem is that no one has seen him play more then 3 quarters in his professional or college career. I love predictions on anything but come Monday we will actually have something to go on when predicting how the Patriots will do with New England’s newest starting QB.
2. Don’t tell Gerry I’m doing this because he hates it, but here is my playoff rotation for the ALDS — Lester, Beckett, Dice K and Byrd. It’s a shame, but I don’t see a place on the 25 man roster for Wakefield in any of the 3 possible series.
3. Don’t tell Dale and Holley, but I fear Terry Francona won’t pinch hit for Jason Varitek in any situation. One of his best traits as a manager is his loyalty; but will this come back to haunt him in the playoffs? Sean Casey is hitting .345 in 170 at bats. Every time ‘Tek comes up in the 7th inning or later with the game on the line, Casey needs to hit for him. Let me say that Tito is the best manager in Red Sox history and one of the top 5 managers in baseball — but he has had 2 bad games in a row. If you do that in Boston people are going to call you on it. Sorry.
4. The 2 best sitcom characters of the last 25 years have to be George Costanza and Homer Simpson. No others have stood up comedy-wise like these two. If there is anyone even close let me know. email@example.com
5. BC was better then Georgia Tech in every phase of the game Saturday except Quarterback. If they get halfway decent play out of Chris Crane they have a chance to have an eight win season — if not I don’t see them winning more then 5 or 6.
6. I’ve tried every Vitamin Water flavor that is out there — Energy (Tropic Citrus) remains the best.
7. The Ryder Cup starts in a week — it was 9 years ago that the US came back to win in Brookline. That Sunday was some of the best drama we have seen in New England sports history. Lets hope the US can keep it close heading into Sunday , the last 2 Cups have been over after Saturday.
8. JD Drew is the softest player in Red Sox history. It’s pathetic. He is getting a free ride this year because the Sox are winning. He is making 14 million dollars and he won’t stay on the field. He’s been put on the DL once. He won’t pitch hit and he won’t go in as a defensive replacement. If I’m Youk or David Ortiz, I’m disgusted at him. Everyone is hurt this time of year, if the Red Sox thought he was really hurt they would DL him. Manny played in 100 of the Sox 109 games. JD has played in 107 of 145 games and has been DL’ed ONE TIME!
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Michael Terzakis on snyderyacht
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!