Meter’s audition for the Fenway Park public address announcer gig
|05.31.12 at 10:46 pm ET|
Appearing with Dennis & Callahan this past Wednesday morning, the morning after the Red Sox moved over .500 for the first time this season, team president and CEO Larry Lucchino extended an invitation to Dennis & Callahan’s own Jon Meterparel to handle Fenway Park PA announcer duties on Thursday night and become a candidate to replace the late Carl Beane.
‘We are going to be auditioning a number of people,” Lucchino said. “It’s a highly sought-after position, but our college of cardinals over at Fenway was considering various possibilities and we thought we should invite [Meterparel] to step up to this position and see how it goes.’
What do you think Meter’s response was to the invitation?
‘I would be absolutely honored ‘¦’ Meter said. ‘This is on my bucket list to do PA at Fenway for one game.’
Below you will find a video and some pictures from his experience as well as some of the tweets he received wishing him well.
Here are some of the tweets from Thursday night:
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!
- MARJE on Susanne Eman — Wants to be worlds fattest woman