|5 Reasons Why College Football Is Better Then The NFL||09.25.08 at 2:26 pm ET|
No one will argue the NFL is the best football in the world. They have the best athletes and the ratings speak for themselves. But here are 5 reasons why College Footballs on Saturdays are better then the NFL.
1. Atmosphere. There are no stadiums in the NFL that can rival the atmosphere of a major college football game. Ohio State, Texas, Southern Cal and every team in the SEC (minus Vanderbilt) have a game day atmosphere that blows every NFL city out of the water. 90,000 plus going crazy for 3 plus hours, be it against Troy St. or Michigan. There fans know when to stand, know when to be loud, and always show up.
2. Tailgating. Patriots fans do a good job of tailgating as do most pro teams, but to try to compare a few hours of grilling steaks and playing bag toss to a Saturday on The Grove or a tailgate in Norman, OK. Tailgating is an art and a good number of the cars (and RV’s) get there on Thursday or Friday. The spreads before these games are 6 course meals cooked to perfection with all the beer, liquor and moonshine you could hope for.
3. The Women. Fenway Park has become a haven for good looking women in the stands — for some reason the “Pink Hats” have become a source of frustration for some. Would you rather look at a good looking chick sitting next to you or Larry from Natick, half in the bag, shoving hot dogs down his mouth? I’ll take the hot chick. If you agree with me then you will love college football. The BC co-eds look cute in their Superfan cut off t-shirts, but head down to Gainsville or out west to the University of Washington and you will see the most beautiful women you have ever seen. College football games attract the hotties and unlike NFL games, they get all dolled up and actually like the game.
4. The Uniforms. College uniforms are cool — aside from Oregon. The classics: Alabama, Penn St, Notre Dame, Nebraska, UCLA and even the new Under Armor unis are sharp looking. Turn on any game this Saturday and you will agree.
5. The Passion. Listen, no know is questioning your loyalty to your NFL team, but it just means more for college fans. Maybe it has to do with the fact they went to school there or they give money to support the athletic department, but it just means more. Maybe it’s because there is nothing else to live for if you live in Starkville or Corvallis or maybe it’s because they see the players as their own children. Whatever the reason, the passion for college football is unmatched when compared to that of the NFL.
Thanks for reading — if you agree with me or want to tell me I suck please do — email@example.com
Rodney Harrison and Adam Schefter Friday along with Kings Things!
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Michael Terzakis on snyderyacht
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!