|09.17.14 at 1:57 pm ET|
Here are the highlights from Wednesday’s Three for All on Middays with MFB with Lou Merloni, Christian Fauria and Tim Benz. To hear the segment, go to the MFB audio on demand page.
– LeBron James is playing himself in a movie called “Trainwreck” that is targeted for release next summer. The movie stars former “Saturday Night Live” actor Bill Hader and comedian Amy Schumer.
In a recent interview, Hader said that of the professional athletes he’s worked with, LeBron is one of the best at acting.
Fauria wondered where Shaquille O’Neal would rank on that list.
“I’m definitely going to see this movie,” Benz said, “Amy Schumer is one of my all-time favorites. She was hilarious when she was in town, in Mansfield.”
– The new season of “Dancing With the Stars” has begun, and two things stood out from the opening episode.
First, Alfonso Ribeiro, who played Carlton Banks on the early 1990s TV show “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air,” can dance.
“He’s a lock [to win],” Merloni said. “The dude looked like a professional. … He was all over the place. He was outstanding.”
Second, Olympic track star Lolo Jones was out of her element.
“She was so bad — when I’m talking about so bad, I mean, so bad it was ridiculous,” Fauria said.
Added Fauria: “So stiff. You can tell why she’s a virgin, for whatever that’s worth. She can’t deal with intimate contact. … Stiff as a board. You could tell she was uncomfortable with like just staring into her partner’s eyes, just the physical contact, she was in a skimpy little outfit that wasn’t a track outfit …”
Jones, who said, “I make no excuses, it was awful,” after her performance, was the first contestant voted off the show.
– More details have emerged about the situation actress Daniele Watts was involved in last week in Los Angeles that led to a police confrontation.
Watts became upset when a police officer approached her and her boyfriend and said he was responding to a 911 call about a lewd act being committed in public. She refused the officer’s request to provide identification and implied that she was being mistreated because she’s black.
On Wednesday, TMZ.com released witnesses’ photographs that show Watts and her boyfriend in a silver Mercedes with the door open, sitting in a sexually compromising position (Watts acknowledged to police that the couple was making out). One witness told TMZ Watts’ breasts were exposed as she straddled her boyfriend, and an employee in an office building adjoining the sidewalk where the car was parked asked the couple to stop before police were called.
“Daniele, don’t ‘F’ with TMZ,” Merloni said, “because they will get you every single time.”
Said Fauria: “If you’re going to have sex in the car, wouldn’t you go in the back seat or go around the corner, find a place where nobody’s there?”
|09.17.14 at 10:52 am ET|
|09.17.14 at 9:04 am ET|
– Wynn Resorts won a bid for a license from the Massachusetts Gaming Council to build a casino in the Greater Boston Area. Steve Wynn’s proposed resort defeated a bid from Mohegan Sun that would have put a casino at Suffolk Downs.
The resort will have more than 150 table games, 3,000 slots, a five-star hotel and a mall.
Said Callahan: “I’m going to guess that none of the windows in the high-rise hotel will open.”
The proposed plan is for the $1.6 billion casino and resort to be built on the polluted waterfront of Everett. The hosts said it will take a while for the project to be completed.
“Maybe four or five years from now before this is ready,” Dennis said. “They have to clean up all of the oil and stuff.”
Joked Callahan: “This is where all of the athletes stay when the Olympics come here.”
Added Minihane: “That wouldn’t be so bad. They’ve got the swimming right there. In the river.”
– A man from Rhode Island was charged with drunk driving four times in a two-day span, Cumberland police said. He was arrested once in Providence on Sunday and three times in Cumberland on Monday. He was hospitalized three times and also injured two children in an SUV along the way.
Said Dennis: “I’ll say this, Gerry, he’s no quitter. He’s not a quitter.”
“He’s a slow learner,” replied Callahan.
– The late Joan Rivers’ doctor reportedly took a selfie when Rivers was under anesthesia for a throat procedure. During the procedure, Rivers suffered cardiac arrest that led to her death.
“She was gasping for air because her trachea closed and this guy’s taking a selfie,” Callahan said incredulously.
“Zygi Wilf said he’s going to be allowed to practice his medicine as long as the due process is in play,” Dennis said.
|09.16.14 at 11:58 pm ET|
|09.16.14 at 8:33 am ET|
– Urban Outfitters apologized Monday for selling a Kent State sweatshirt with holes and a design that appears to look like blood stains.
The company pulled the sweatshirt but denied intending to make light of the 1970 shooting deaths of four student-protesters by the Ohio National Guard, an event that was one of the turning points in America’s opposition to the Vietnam War.
“I don’t understand the thought process behind how this came to be,” Minihane said, adding; “Even if it wasn’t their intention, shouldn’t there be somebody in the process of when this shirt was made to when they were sent out to the stores be smart enough to say, ‘Wait a minute, this is Kent State, and boy, this looks a lot like blood, and it’s vintage, this is really sending a bad message.”
Joked Callahan: “I like it, I want to get one.”
Minihane then looked up the price, which was $129.
Responded Callahan: “Forget it, I’m out.”
Said Dennis: “Garanimals is going to come out with pajama bottoms that have red welts on the legs — the Adrian Peterson collection.”
– German authorities charged a 93-year-old man with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder for serving as a guard at Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II.
Oskar Groening has admitted being a guard at the camp, although he denies participating in any atrocities against the prisoners.
“Charles Barkley said he was just disciplining them,” Dennis deadpanned. “He went a little overboard.”
Added Minihane: “Everybody makes mistakes.”
– A funeral home in Saginaw, Michigan, has installed a drive-through window so that people can view their loved ones and pay their respects without leaving their vehicle.
When an individual drives up, curtains open to reveal the casket.
“I would combine it, though. I would also offer a little food,” Minihane said.
Said Callahan: “Pay your respects and get a chocolate shake.”
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!
- MARJE on Susanne Eman — Wants to be worlds fattest woman