|10.06.14 at 9:54 am ET|
– Four months before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, three people at Logan Airport caught the al-Qaeda hijackers videotaping security checkpoints at the airport, according to a New York Post report. The eyewitnesses reported the suspicious actions to officials at Logan, but security did nothing to question the potential terrorists.
“It was a different time,” Callahan said. ‘Don’t you think?”
Said Minihane: “No one ever imagined that you could kill 3,000 people with a box cutter.”
– “Gone Girl,” which stars Ben Affleck, was the No. 1 movie at the box office this weekend, taking in $38 million. Despite the acclaim, Minihane said he wasn’t a fan of the flick.
“The ending was absolutely terrible, awful,” Minihane said. “One of the worst endings I’ve ever seen in a movie.”
“What do you give it, grade?” asked Dennis.
“C-plus,” replied Minihane. “And it’s too bad because I’m a great admirer of David Fincher, the director of the film. He couldn’t save it. It didn’t work.”
– Comedian Sarah Silverman hosted “Saturday Night Live,” a show for which she once was a cast member. While the hosts admitted the opening monologue usually is not funny, Silverman’s took unfunny to another level.
“New heights of disappointment,” Callahan said.
Continued Callahan: “But Sarah Silverman does the monologue, and I’m thinking, ‘This is going to be good. Not only will it be good, but it’ll be dangerous.’ Tomorrow we’d be talking about she’s in trouble. Network censors are in trouble. She bombed like I’ve never seen anyone bomb before.”
“Not a good start to the year, two episodes in,” Minihane said.
– The Coast Guard rescued a man off the coast of Florida who attempted to run from the U.S. to Bermuda. Reza Baluchi tried to run on water in a “hydro pod” to raise money for children in need, but he got tired and signaled for help.
“He failed, failed at his mission,” Callahan said. “I want to see him run through occupied Iraq or Yemen.”
|10.05.14 at 8:11 am ET|
Join Pete Davidson of WEEI.com and Rotobahn.com for his weekly fantasy football live chat, starting at 11 a.m. Sunday. Let Davidson help you set your lineups heading into Sunday’s games. Get your questions in now …
|10.03.14 at 8:40 am ET|
– A 19-year old Boston University with no driver’s license drove his Maserati close to 100 mph and ran a red light on the rainy streets in the Back Bay near at an intersection where two people were killed earlier this year, police said. Zeguang Xu, 19, pleaded not guilty to operating without a license, providing a false name to police, speeding, failure to stop and negligent operation.
“He thinks it’s OK to go 100?” Callahan asked. “He owns a Maserati? I hate this.”
Replied Dennis: “Daddy put it on the platinum card.”
Said Callahan: “So this punk, he’s 19. I hate his father even more than I hate him. It’s one thing to buy your kid a car, can you imagine buying your kid a Maserati?”
“It’s one of these things where it’s inevitable, you buy a kid a car like this, dumb kid like this is going to die,” Minihane said.
– The movie “Gone Girl” that stars Ben Affleck and is directed by David Fincher opens up in theaters Friday. Affleck has a scene in the movie where he is briefly nude.
The hosts ran a clip of Affleck discussing the compromising part in the movie.
“He just admitted he has warts,” Callahan said surprisingly.
“Genital warts,” replied Dennis.
Said Callahan: “He didn’t say genital, that’s implied.”
– An NBC cameraman working in Liberia tested positive for Ebola, the network reported. Ashoka Mukpo will return to the United States for treatment. He is fourth American person believed to have contracted the disease while in Liberia.
“Oh, good,” Callahan said sarcastically. “Let’s get as many people back here who have Ebola.”
Said Minihane: “We are all going to have Ebola within that same three weeks.”
Asked Callahan: “Why do we let any flight from Liberia get anywhere near our shores?”
|10.02.14 at 8:40 am ET|
– Boston Herald cartoonist Jerry Holbert apologized Wednesday for a cartoon some people are viewing as racist. In the cartoon, which pokes fun at the White House security lapse, an intruder in the bathtub says to a surprised Barack Obama while he brushes his teeth, “Have you tried the new watermelon flavored toothpaste?”
Holbert insisted he meant no offense by the reference to watermelon.
Callahan said the cartoon wasn’t funny, but it wasn’t offensive.
“I agree it’s stupid, but it can’t be racist or he wouldn’t have done it,” Callahan said. “It’s dumb, it’s stupid. But he clearly is ignorant of this stereotype.
“If I’m just landed here from outer space, I would say, ‘Why is it racist? Why?’ ”
Suggested Callahan: “I would have had him ordering a cheeseburger and having Michelle yell at him because of all the fat and calories.”
– Ricki Noel Lander, girlfriend of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, landed a bit part in the season premiere of the CBS show “Blue Bloods,” according to the Boston Herald.
Kraft is known to have a close relationship with CBS president Les Moonves.
“How did she get a spot on a CBS show? I don’t know how that happened,” Minihane deadpanned.
Said Callahan, “She just must be supremely gifted.”
– A white Ohio woman is suing an Illinois sperm bank, claiming she was inseminated with sperm from a black donor by mistake. Jennifer Cramblett, 36, is raising her mixed-race child with her lesbian partner and says the 2-year-old faces multiple challenges in the all-white community of Uniontown, Ohio.
“This is 2014, give me a break,” said an unsympathetic Minihane.
Minihane recounted his own experience with looking at sperm-donor candidates, although he and his wife did not go through with that option.
“We had a certain age, we had a certain education, the color, obviously, I would have preferred a honky but I would have taken anyone,” Minihane said. “I didn’t really care.”
|10.01.14 at 9:59 pm ET|
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!
- MARJE on Susanne Eman — Wants to be worlds fattest woman