|10.15.08 at 8:19 am ET|
The 3rd and final debate between President Elect Obama and John McCain is tonight. I’m looking forward to another Obama victory.
In case you forgot what we had to deal with over the last 8 years…..take a look…..
9pm tonight. We only have 20 days until the election.
|10.13.08 at 8:25 am ET|
Great event the BAA puts on and for a great cause. Race day came and went. Started the day up at 5:30, just because I thought I would over sleep! Get to the Fens around 7:30, I see Ian in a sea of hundreds of people, and we start to stretch, and talk about, what else, how could Terry put Timlin in! Mind you all this time we are loading up on fluids so we don’t dehydrate! The race is 10 minutes away and I have to make a trip to the port a potty! The line was a long as it is waiting for game day release of Sox playoff tickets! I skip the bathroom break and get on the road ready for take off!
The race starts, still in the back of my mind I have to go. I barely make it past the mile marker and pull a Meterparel at the FSU game, I had to go and I wasn’t the only one! Our pace is limited until the heard thinned out at about mile 2, just about the last time I see Iggy! My pace was pretty good, about 9:30 a mile. Got to see Mr and Mrs Iggy, Iggy set it up to have his parents at mile 4 and 8 to hook us up with Vitamin Water. Hit a small snag when I got to the Forest Hills overpass, but the down hill helped out on the other side! We ran right by Franklin Park Golf Course, and at that time I would have rather have been golfing!
We ran through the Franklin park Zoo, and upon our Exit we got those powerbar gels, it is concentrated carb boost! When I took that gel, it was like a kick in the ass, I felt great after just one shot, but I took two at that point, the reason being I knew I would need more energy once I got back over the Forest Hills overpass. Second Mr and Mrs Iggy Vitamin water stop!
Miles 10-13.1 felt like they took forever, I kept thinking I was closer than I really was! Anyway, I get to the final stretch, and to prove I have never run a long race before, I didn’t take my headphones out of my ears to hear my wife and kids cheering me on, or the sign they made! Man am I an idiot! But I did see the sign they made once I got my tracking device taken off, and I got to see, FODC (friend of D and C show) Jim Chafitz there who brought his camera and did take a the picture of Iggy and Myself post race with our Medals, I finished in 2:02:22 and Iggy finished 2:14:52! Overall, a great experience and something I am really proud to be able to say I finished. But more importantly, I raised over 1,700 bucks for the Jimmy Fund, and that is the best feeling of all! And to the Lady who yelled to me after the Forest Hills overpass who was I running for, all the kids at Dana Farber who can’t go outside and run a race, play with friends or do anything a normal kid can do, thats who I was running for!
|10.10.08 at 8:42 am ET|
1. Contrary to what Gerry said for half the morning, Game 2 features Josh Beckett. I think he needed to shake the rust off in his last start, I think he gives the Sox 7 strong innings, Sox pull out game 2 and head home tied with the Rays.
2. I think Manny Fernandez will shock us all with some stellar play against the Wild on Saturday night if he gets the start. I think both goalies will push each other this year, they both want to prove that they deserve the starting gig!
3, Sunday we will find out that College Game day will make its second trip to the Heights for the big tilt on the 18th, Eagles Hokies ! We could always use another pencil salesman in our backyard! I am pulling for this because I would love to see how Chris Crane does while in the National Spotlight!
4. Patriots will roll over the steroid less defense (see IR Shawn Merriman) of those San Di-agins! If LT is healthy, they will stop him and he may again beg out of the game. They may have some trouble with the nimble Darren Sproles. Pats come home, finally, 4-1 with a 27-14 victory over Norv Turner’s Chargers and Philp Rivers cries like a baby again!
5. And if you all didn’t see this coming then you need to listen to the show more. Iggy and I will finish the Half Marathon on Sunday, I am not going to predict who will finish before the other, only to say, best of luck to Iggy. We have both been training hard so it doesn’t matter who finishes first just that we both finish!
Finally, need to thank all the people here at Entercom who threw in some last minute donations to help the Jimmy Fund for the Half Marathon. Great people, Great Company! Enjoy the sports weekend, tons o college football this weekend and I can finally stay awake for a full Sox game! Also made this this morning but didn’t get a chance to play it, check it out and let me know what you think! Sox Rays Montage!
|10.10.08 at 8:22 am ET|
1. Dice-K does not make it through 5 innings. I’m not saying the Red Sox will lose, but when Dice-K starts walking people early on, Tito is not going to put up with it and it will be — like Peter Giffin says — The Bird (Paul Byrd) is the Word.
2. John McCain will launch more dirty attacks on Barack Obama. It’s getting ugly folks and McCain’s reputation as an honest, decent politician is fading away. He has become what he promised he would not – A Real Republican.
3. The Arizona Cardinals beat the Dallas Cowboys. Too many distractions going on in Big D to overcome this week. Plus the Cards have shown some good things over the last 4 weeks.
4. We will have a new number 1 team in college football. That of course means Oklahoma will lose. The Red River Shootout is always one of the top 5 games of the year and Colt McCoy will prove why he is the best player in college football, as he leads the Longhorns to an upset over the Sooners.
5. El Caballito breaks out. The Little Pony, Dustin Pedroia is the best hitter in baseball, and he shows why the next 2 games in Tampa.
|10.08.08 at 3:31 pm ET|
I’m not blogging from the beach, but I’m back to recap the debate last night between John McCain and President Elect Obama. For another look at last night take a look at JPod’s blog. Ladies and Gents, it’s over. Barack Obama used a forum most thought was best for McCain and was thoughtful, specific and engaging, while McCain looked old and didn’t connect with the 50 million Americans watching.
Obama has been accused by the right of speaking in generalities — well last night he couldn’t be more specific when talking about taxes and the bail out. McCain was equally as elegant when talking about Russia and Georgia and Israel, the only problem is that with the Dow falling faster then a Jason Varitek batting average, people care about one thing and that is the economy. No one cares about Georgia or Darfur.
Obama was the aggressor — many times linking McCain to George Bush and even bringing up 9/11 first, which you know upset the republicans who have been using it as propaganda for the last 4 years. Obama asked why we invaded Iraq — a country that had no link to 9/11 and had no WMD’s. A great question that the right will not answer — they talk about the surge working — if you send an additional 50, 000 troops to a war zone I think the probability that things will improve is pretty good. It doesn’t make up for the fact that we went to war with Iraq on nothing but lies from the Bush administration. I don’t blame anyone who supported the war back in 2002. No one, even the strongest GW Bush hater, would think the President of the United States would lie to the American people. Amazingly, that is what happened, but my friends on the right want to forget that.
My good friend Gerry Callahan loves to ignore the fact that we are spending over 10 billion dollars a year in Iraq when asked about cutting taxes. Quick question….how are we going to get the money for this? Gerry says cut, cut, cut. Well, it’s not that simple, in fact, the cost of living is going up, oil is going up (thanks Bush!) things cost more — if you want to get out of Iraq there is 10 billion dollars right there! If not, find me the money.
John McCain talks about bringing home our troops with honor. I believe it is honorable to bring them home from a war we should never have been in.
A few gafs by both — McCain is not funny, his two jokes didn’t go over well. He made a joke about his hair — feeding into the fact that he is 97 years old. The other joke about not appointing Brokaw to his cabinet didn’t go over well either. The GOP love to paint Obama as a Muslim, which of course he is not. But the way Obama says Pakistan — Pak-ee-stan — feeds into this right wing propaganda. He also struggled when talking about Georgia and Russia.
People will hear what they want to hear — but the truth is that Obama won this debate by a large margin. He was the aggressor and showed why he will be the next President of this great country. The McCain camp will not doubt get down and dirty now that they are in free fall. Lets see if their campaign follows the lead of Cindy McCain — who yesterday called the Obama Campaign the dirtiest of all time. Not a surprising comment from Cindy — John seems to surround himself with simple women like Cindy and Sarah Palin — while Barack is surrounded by smart, engaging, intelligent women like Michelle.
It’s over folks, we will wake up on November 4th to President Elect Obama — and we are all better for it.
- Aaron Eriskin on Sizing up the competition
- Tim on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- gibby on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Kevin Miller on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Captain on Mrs. Football vs. Miss Alabama
- Har in Vancouver on DJ Steve Porter ‘Can’t Wait’
- SeamusNH on Happy couple caught in the act
- Michael Terzakis on snyderyacht
- Lollipop on The Lovely Donna Simpson…Smokin!
- RICK ALLEN on The Red Sox new theme song!